At Lichfield Printers we don’t like to say no to a challenge. So whatever format your artwork is in, we will print it. These include the following - Adobe Acrobat (Mac & PC), Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Quark Express, Coral Draw, Macromedia Freehand, Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Word.
If you have an existing design but do not have the experience to prepare it for print, we can also do this for you, as we have our own in-house design service for this very purpose.
Preparing your files
- Add crop marks on all four corners
- Please provide us with the fonts or convert the text into outlines
- Images should be at least 300dpi resolution to guarantee the best printing quality. Save your images as CMYK
- Layers should be flattened before sending
- Save the files as ‘High Quality Print’ or ‘Press Quality Pdf’s
- Any perforation, folds or cutter lines need to be spot colours and set to overprint in the attributes menu
Layout and BleedsPlease supply your artwork in a “one up” file; we’ll do the imposition for you. Images, background colours and fills which are intended to print to the trimmed edge of the paper should be extended 3mm beyond the page to give a “bleed” to the document. This will make the page 6mm taller and 6mm wider.
If you are unable to supply your artwork to this specification, our design department will be happy to assist you. For more information about our in-house design services and how we can produce artwork for you, please click here.